Monday, June 21, 2010

Microsoft Word deleting my words?

When I'm writing in Microsoft word processor, if I click in the middle of a sentence and try to add a word, every letter I type replaces one already written. I can't stand this, I need the words that are being deleted, how do I switch this off?



Microsoft Word deleting my words?download



Press insert on your keyboard. Sometimes the key is marked ins. Should be over your arrow keys.



Microsoft Word deleting my words?hijackthis



On your keyboard, right hand side is a key marked "Insert". This key has two functions. One is to insert a letter in place of the current letter, which you are now experiencing. The other function, when the key is pressed again, is to replace a letter or insert a letter without removing one.



Good luck as I know how frustrating this becomes.
easy... to fix this press the



Insert key



Located near the Home key
hit the insert key, you may have accidentally toggled it.



-K
If this happens every time you open a document, your Options are probably set to start in Overtype mode. Here's how you can fix that once and for all:



1.Click on the Tools-%26gt;Options menu item.



2.Click on the Edit page.



3.Under Editing Options, make sure the Overtype Mode checkbox is clear.



4.Click OK.
that happens to me too AND the backspace doesnt work on microsoft but it does everywhere else, its really annoying
Check the settings in your spell checker
on the bottom toolbar there should be a group of little abbreviations. You need to double click the one that says 'OVR' so it isnt highlighted anymore. All should be fine then :]

No comments:

Post a Comment